Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Calling for Recipes!

As a Speech and Language Pathologist in an elementary school, I am constantly trying to think of new and engaging therapy activities for my students.

I mean, really, the S sound and irregular plural nouns aren't THAT interesting on their own.

So I am challenged to keep these concepts exciting, even after repeated practice... and I know I'm not the only educator facing this difficult task.

On lucky days, a great activity just comes to me... sometimes even as the student is walking through the door. On not-so-creative days, I look to other educators and therapists for inspiration.

I am starting this blog to share tried and true therapy activities - the ones the students actually request to "play" and consistently result in student learning! I welcome and encourage you to share your tricks as well.

Please share your very best "Speech Pie" recipes! I know I will be posting mine!

No comments:

Post a Comment